In accordance with School Board Policy CH Local, the Board shall approve any single, budgeted purchase of goods or services that costs $25,000 or more, regardless of whether the goods and services are competitively purchased. The Board delegates to the Superintendent and/or Director of Finance the authority to make single, budgeted purchases for goods or services that cost less than $25,000.
The District uses the purchasing methods allowed by state law such as competitive bidding, competitive sealed proposals, interlocal agreements and other methods, as appropriate.
To increase efficiency and effectiveness, the District participates in numerous interlocal agreements for purchasing cooperatives with other local governments and with state agencies. A list of the purchasing cooperatives and their respective weblinks are posted below:
- Allied States Cooperative, ESC 19
- Central Texas Purchasing Alliance
- Choice Partners
- Multi Regional Purchasing Cooperative - MRPC
- National Cooperative Purchasing Alliance - NCPA
- National IPA - formerly TCPN
- Purchasing Cooperative of America - PCA
- Sourcewell - formerly NJPA
- Texas Association of School Boards - TASB Buy Board
- Texas Department of Information Resources - DIR
- Texas Procurement & Support Services Cooperative Purchasing Program - TPASS
- The Interlocal Purchasing System - TIPS
- U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance
West Texas Educational Purchasing Cooperative - WTEPC
A copy of each cooperative's EDGAR Compliance Letter shall be on file prior to making federally-funded purchases.