After lots of thoughts and adjustments, we have finally locked down plans for Homecoming 2020! There have been many challenges due to COVID protocols and the original homecoming date/game being canceled. This year's homecoming will be a little different than past years as it is not taking place during a week that we have a football game.
The date of Homecoming 2020 is Friday, October 16th. This is a bye week. There are not any high school football games that week.
•Homecoming will begin at 6pm with a parade.
•The parade lineup will start at 5pm at Moffett Field
•The parade will end at the stadium where we will have a community-wide pep rally.
•Parents, students, and community members will sit on the home side of the stadium.
•At the pep rally, the following groups only will be on the field.
- Football team
- Homecoming court
- Dads/guardian to escort queen candidates
- Moms/guardian to escort king candidates
•The homecoming court will be named and the homecoming king and queen will be crowned.We will follow the following COVID protocols.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- We will allow no more than 50% capacity.
- People in the stands are expected to sit in a social distanced manner unless from the same household.
- All school rules will apply to students.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the high school and I would be happy to answer any questions.
Shaye Murphy, SHS Principal